I had to surrender my ORCA card today. It was my last day of work. It hasn't quite sunk in that I don't have to wake up early for work tomorrow, so to help with the transition, I am going to stay up late and do crossword puzzles and then wake up whenever I want to tomorrow. Well, not whenever...I still have to pack (technically, still haven't started) and I have a dentist appointment at 10:00am.
Since I don't have my pass with unlimited bus (and commuter train!) rides anymore, I loaded up my spare ORCA card with $20.00 to get me through the rest of the week. Public transit has never felt more expensive to me than today. It cost me to $2.25 to go from the Mt. Baker station, down four stops, to the International District and then $0.50 to transfer to a bus. That leaves only $17.25 on my ORCA card! I have places to go this week! Errands to run! Friends at happy hour to meet! So, in order to be more judicious with my remaining card balance, I've decided to attempt to walk everywhere tomorrow.
I have checked the weather. Roughly ideal walking weather: 71 degrees, partly cloudy.
I have Google mapped my optimal route to cut down on unnecessary mileage and to avoid as many uphill climbs as possible.
So, motivation willing, I will be attempting this tomorrow:
Surprisingly, they are all about a mile apart. And I'll get the grand circle tour of the Wallingford/Fremont neighborhoods--along with some clean teeth, a Cuban pulled pork sandwich, and a snazzy new haircut.

No comments:
Post a Comment